What do you want your life to look like? This is a question that we should all be asking ourselves on a regular basis. One of the best ways to start making changes in your life is by journaling. Today, we’re going to share 31 journaling ideas that can help transform your life for the better!
Whether you are a beginner or an experienced writer, these prompts will give you something new to explore. Don’t let the blank page intimidate you – start writing today with these journaling ideas. You’ll find:
- Things to write about everyday
- Things to journal about every day
- New ideas to write about every day
Can you use these topics more than once? Absolutely.
The great thing about these journaling ideas is that you can return to them week after week or month after month, and gauge your new thoughts, ideas, and progress. It’s entirely up to you.
Commit to writing in your journal every day. This will help you get into the habit of writing regularly, and you may be surprised at the insights you gain about yourself!
What should you journal about every day?
- Your favorite song of all time
- A memory that makes you smile
- Your favorite quote and what it means to you
- What happiness means to you
- Why you’re unique
- Something you’re proud of
- A time when you overcame a challenge
- A goal you’d like to achieve
- What success looks like to you
- What do you think will make you fulfilled in life?
- What contribution do you want to make in the world?
- How do you want to be remembered?
- Pick one thing that you want to change about your life, and write about what steps you can take to make that change happen.
- What are your core values? Write about what they mean to you and how you can live by them every day.
- Make a list of all the things that make you happy, and try to do one of those things every day.
- What are your goals for the year? Write about what you need to do to achieve them.
- What do you want to accomplish in your lifetime? Write about what steps you can take to make that happen.
- Spend some time each day reflecting on your day and writing down any insights or lessons learned.
- Keep a journal of your dreams – both the ones that occur during sleep and the ones you have for your life.
- Write about a time when you were proud of yourself, and what made that moment special.
- What are your fears? Write about them and what you can do to face them.
- Who are the people who have had a positive influence in your life? Write about why they matter to you.
- What lessons have you learned from your mistakes? Write about what you would do differently if you could go back and change things.
- What are the things that bring you joy? Write about why they make you happy and how you can incorporate them into your life more.
- What is your personal definition of happiness? Write about what it takes to achieve it.
- What does success mean to you? Write about what you need to do to achieve it.
- If you could change one thing about your past, what would it be and why?
- Are you living a life that is authentic to you, or are you living someone else’s version of what they believe is the right way to live?
- If you could have any career in the world, what would it be and why?
- What is your ideal retirement lifestyle? Write about what steps you need to take to make that happen.
- What contribution do you want to make in the world? Write about what you are doing (or can do) to make that happen.
There you have it – 31 journaling ideas that can transform your life! Which ones will you try? And if you have any other journaling ideas to share, I’d love to hear them! Until next time…